Sunday, January 1, 2012

My first post of 2012. Soak it in, man, soak it in.

HAPPY 2012!!!!!! Are you all ready? I think this is going to be a splendid year and I can't wait to drown in fiery flames with you all on December 21st! I mean, that is what's gonna happen, right? Actually, that's just the end of the Mayan calendar... They didn't predict that the world would implode or anything, so don't go chaining your family together in the basement JUST yet. Idiots. Hm, italics me is kind of a bitch. Well we'll show her next December when our souls ascend to heaven while she's stuck on Earth as the world collapses! AHAHAHAhahahahahaha!!! ...That's the rapture. Oh right. What's supposed to happen this time? Nothing. So again, I repeat: idiot.


Woah. It just struck me that this will be my first post of 2012. And so far I've spent it arguing with my italic self. Maybe I should be more mature. You know, reflect on how I've grown this past year, what I've accomplished, etc. I'll tell ya what, we'll give it a try.


How I've grown/changed:

  • I'm taller.
  • My hairs gotten longer.
  • I have two more ear piercings. Woooo. That makes three on one side and two on the other.
  • You know these are really supposed to be more emotional and spiritual.
  • Italics me, get out of my bullet points.
  • Okay.
  • Thank you.
  • My eyes have deteriorated even more and I'm pretty sure I'm going blind.
  • I've gotten even better at procrastinating till the last minute and completing the job none the less! Yesssss.

Accomplishments:
  • I built a pair of Lego shoes.
  • I finally read the first Hunger Games book. Yesterday, actually. Although I probably finished the last 50 pages in 2012, so does it still count? Yes. Yes it does.
  • I can finally apply eyeliner without getting it ALL OVER MY EYELIDS. However a makeup guru, this does not make me. Yoda style.
  • I made new friends! 
  • I participated in my first high school play!! I really hope I do some more this year...
  • I took the PSATs. Scored in the 99th and 98th percentiles! WHAT WHAT! Imma tell you a secret... My mom actually made me take the SATs in 8th grade and I don't want to brag but I honestly did really well. So the PSATs were UBER stressful because I was super worried I'd get a worse score than on my SATs. Buuut I didn't! *fist pump*
  • I started a blog! Really, this is one of my favorite accomplishments and I am so grateful to anyone who actually reads all my rambling discourses. You guys make my days and my nights and I love you all! But especially you. Yeah, you. YOU. ARE. My very favorite. ;P
  • Started a short sci-fi novella thingy that I'm actually really into. That doesn't sound like a big accomplishment, but for me, it is. I love love love writing, but I'm horrible at thinking up stories that I'm still interested in telling, 4 pages in. Maybe I actually have a chance at finishing this one! Who knows...
  • And finally... I maintained a journal and filled it alll up. And then started another. (A sort of "second volume".) This may sound lame, but for me it is also a huge accomplishment. I've started  many a journal, but I've never filled a whole notebook with regular entries before. This is a wonderful first!
My Goals for this glorious new year:

  • Work out regularly on my NEW TREADMILL! There's something just sooo great about running in place. I LOVE it.
  • Start diving in to my community service so I don't end up doing it all my junior and senior years.
  • Build up my college resume... Ick.
  • Start wearing my cowboy boots more often. It's time the cowboy boots thrived again, my friends.
  • Keep my room cleaner. 
  • Force my dad to build me more bookshelves so I can be done with this ridiculous book stacking that's been going on. 
  • Develop better studying and homework doing habits.
  • Get straight As! But that's probably not gonna happen... Chemistry is hard. :'(
  • Complete my "sketch a day" project, which you can check out at... http://365daysofsketching.blogspot.com/ !!

Well there ya go. A semi-traditional New Year's post. 
I hope you all have a wonderful 2012! You guys really are the best and without you, I would have nothing to keep me writing this blog and would probably then go insane. So thanks mom. And Miss Mixie. And Polethene Pam! You guys are the bomb-diggity. C:

No comments:

Post a Comment