Monday, November 7, 2011

One pretty huge reason to love Weird Al

I have made possibly the most ground breakingly awesome and life changing discovery of my entire life. Get ready, it has to do with pick up lines. .......wow. I can just see you shutting your computer and walking away after reading that but I command you to STOP. TURN AROUND. RETURN TO MAGIC PICTURE BOX. Please give me this moment to bathe in the glory of my fabulous discovery...

Okay, enough suspense. I'm just gonna say it: I discovered that in 2003, Weird Al included a song on his album "Poodle Hat", that is nothing but an indubiously fantastic combination of all the worst and most hilarious pick up lines in the world. I don't know about you, but I find this absolutely SPLENDIFEROUS. The song is SO funny and full of so many pick up line classics, as well as hysterical innuendos, you have no idea. Well actually, I guess you do since I just told you about it. But anyways!

The song contains such gems as:
  • I'll bet you're magically delicious, like a bowl of Lucky Charms.
  • Well, how'd you get through security? 'Cause baby, you're the bomb.
  • Baby, you've seen my picture, it's in the dictionary under "Kablaaam!"
  • Girl you must be Jamaican, cause... JAMAICAN ME CRAZY!!
Why don't you have a listen? Unless you don't like the occasional Weird Al (aka you have no soul). No, but seriously I get it. His voice gets so annoying, I get to the point after I've listened to too many of his songs where I just want to decapitate him. It would be messy,  but at least he'd stop singing. Ya dig what I'm saying, ma home skillet? ....that was weird. Just go listen:


Yeah. Soak in those sweet, smooth lines. Play this song for your gal/guy and you know you've sealed the deal. <-- Notice the sarcasm laced with a subtle undertone of embarrassing seriousness. 
It's like when someone says: "Man, I HATE that Justin Bieber guy, he's just so stupid and his voice sucks." and you're like "Haha yeah... Such a loser...." But at the same time you're thinking: "Though that one song he did a while back was kinda okay... I mean... And that other one wasn't so bad either.... Kinda catchy... Oooh and his latest was actually... Oh but of course other than that he totally sucks. ......Right...?"   You know what I mean? It doesn't have to be Justin Beiber, that's just an example. Sorry if none of that made any sense.

ANYWHO. Just wanted to tell you how much I love my new pick up line song. I will definitely have it memorized by tomorrow... Until then, DO SVYDANIYA!

2 comments:

  1. As wonderful as Wanna B Ur Lovr is on the album, it can't hold a candle to Weird Al's LIVE performances of the song. He goes out into the audience and delivers those lines up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete