Friday, November 4, 2011

"How are you?" "I'm good." "WRONG. HOW ARE YOU?"

Heyyy. How are you? I'm good, THANKS FOR ASKING. Ahahaha that reminds me of this really funny thing that happened to my friend in my old musical theater class. Since I don't really have anything else to talk about, I'm gonna tell you about it.
So two years ago I was in this musical theater class and one day my friend, who we will call Jenny, came in for some reason after it was over and we were packing up. She kind of hated my vocal teacher in that course (she still does btw) and you might get why in a moment... This is about how their conversation went:

Jenny comes in and sees Christopher (vocal instructor).

Jenny: Hi Christopher.
Chris: Hi Jenny, how are you?
Jenny: I'm good, thank--
Chris: WOAH WOAH WOAH. That's not right.
Jenny: What?
Chris: You didn't ask me how I was!
Jenny: ...I was answering your question.
Chris: It's polite to ask "how are you" back.
Jenny: ...I know...
Chris: Okay then, let's try again. Hi Jenny, how are you?
Jenny: Good. How are y--
Chris: No! You have to ask me first!!
Jenny: What??
Chris: You ask me how I am, then answer how you are.
Jenny: That's definitely not right.
Chris: (Stares down Jenny.) How. Are. You?
Jenny: ....uhhhh I'm good. How--
Chris: HOW ARE YOU?
Jenny: What???
Christopher: NO. HOW. ARE. YOU.
Jenny: ................. How are you, Christopher?
Chris: I'm doing well.
Jenny: ....Me too.
Chris: I'M DOING WELL.
Jenny: ...? I am also doing well?
Chris: Good job. THAT'S how it's done.
Jenny: .... Nobody does that.

Sorry if that wasn't at all interesting but you just kind of had to be there... It was SO FUNNY! Jenny and I still crack up about it even though it was two years ago. We actually have so many inside jokes about it. Well, we have inside jokes about everything. I'm not kidding. Just a few of the things we have jokes about are: male deer, boxed lunches, Herman Cane (but who doesn't?), a chemical accident at Schonebeck, Germany in 1996 (don't ask), toast, sheep puppets that dance to Lady Gaga, and a woman we named "Anne the Storyteller". Needless to say, nobody ever really understands what we're talking about. If you wish to see totally random posts about our inside jokes with absolutely no explanations, go to: http://i-tell-stories.tumblr.com/ If you have a tumblr, you should follow us! It would actually make Jenny sooo happy. :)

Well now... I've sort of forgotten what I was initially gonna blog about... Oh well! Bye!

1 comment: