Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Neon Underpants. (No, you didn't read the title wrong.)

So I came home from my play rehearsal today and this is about how the first conversation I had with my dad went:

Dad: Calypso! Wanna see me my underwear!?
Calypso: Ummm no.... Why?
Dad: I found my neon green underpants!!! (My dad has a thing for neon clothing and objects in general. A long time ago my mom and I bought him a pair of neon green boxers as a joke but then he lost them.)
Calypso: OMG!!! That's AWESOME!!
Dad: I know right? Mom found them for me! I'm wearing them right now!! I feel so cool...
Calypso: You should wear them every time you go biking. The cars won't see it, but you know if your pants ripped you'd have extra reflective protection.
Dad: Yeah, but then I'd have to wear them everyday... (My dad bikes to work everyday.)
Calypso: All the more reason! You just need to buy, like, six more pairs.
Dad: Yes, but at that point I'm afraid the underwear would start to wear me... O.o

I have a pretty great family. <3 

Every now and then I might just share their awesomeness with you so stay tuned. For the sake of that magical and possibly made up word, "anonymity", I will just call them Mom, Dad and C-Dawg (my little bro). Sorta like Calvin & Hobbes, where you never actually learn Calvin's parents' names. Isn't that strange??? I never thought about it for the longest time, but it's true.  WE DON'T KNOW THEIR NAMES. I'll give you a moment to let the weirdness wash over you. Are you done shuddering? Yeah, me too.

Now I have a horrific chemistry test tomorrow and lots of other disgusting bits of homework to do and tomorrow's mix tape to start thinking about and sugar-free chocolate to munch on and hilarious YouTube videos to watch soooo BYE!

1 comment:

  1. Thank heaven he found his lost neon underpants! Let's stuff his Christmas stocking with more OK?

    ReplyDelete