Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mix Tape #2: Mustache Music

So this is my second mix tape! It's a mustache mix tape that I made as a gift to my wonderfully amazing friend, Miss Mixie! (Click her fabulous name if you want to see her fabulous blog!) She is the one who inspired me to make mine! Anyways, she is obsessed with mustaches and so I made that the theme of my playlist! So here you go:

1. "Moustaches" by Mr. Weebl
So the trouble with making a mustache mix, is that there really isn't enough mustache music out there. It's quite tragic, actually. And about half the stuff that is out there consists of really bad homemade songs posted on YouTube. This first track is a YouTube song and it's delightfully hilarious and lively.

2. "Mustaches" by That1Guy
This is a similar title, but a very different kind of song. It's also mustache themed (duh) but in a weird, sort of obscure, metaphoric sense. I love this guy... he's just... so hipster.

3. "Your Mustache Treats Me Right" by The Tyme Machines
This was the first mustache song I heard and it inspired me to make Miss Mixie her mix tape! I love how serious the band is about the whole thing. I don't think they made it as a "ha, ha, let's make a mustache song, it'll be a huge laugh" sort of thing.

4. "Free Mustache Rides" by Apefight
A heavy rock song... about... you guessed it! Free mustache rides. I gotta say, I'm pretty certain no one's taken him up on his offer.

5. "Mr. Moustache" by Nirvana
So this song has absolutely nothing to do with the title. I have no idea, and apparently nobody else does either, what Kurt Cobain is talking about. But it's called "Mr. Moustache" and it's by Nirvana, so I felt I sort of had to include it...

6. "Mustache Man" by Cake
Again, not really sure what the song has to do with mustache men or any sort of facial hair in general, but it's by Cake!! I love Cake.

7. "Pencil Thin Mustache" by Jimmy Buffet
Jimmy wishes he had a pencil thin mustache. 'Nuff said.

8. "The Girlie had a Mustache" by DJ Jazzy and the Fresh Prince
One of Will Smith's clean raps and possibly the best thing ever. Sooo funny.

9. "The Mustache Rap" by the Safety Scissor Surges
I think this started as a YouTube song but it's now available on iTunes. Maybe because people hunger for the incoherent, the incomprehensible and the totally random. No seriously, this rap doesn't make any sense. Ex: "I like spaghettios and so does my 'stache."

10. "I Grew a Mustache" by The Motion Sick
Basically, a pop song about the benefits of growing a mustache on your face. I. Know. Right?

11. "A Song for a Friend" by Unicorns and Mustaches
This is not at all related to mustaches, but it's by a band called "Unicorns and Mustaches". It is possibly the sweetest song ever. It's about friendship and love and being there for your buddy. :) It just leaves you feeling so warm and fuzzzzy, making it the perfect way to end a mustache mix tape. Cause that's all mustaches really are about, right? Friendship? Ummmm... yeah. Let's go with that. Mustaches = Friendship

Well that's all for today, folks! I hope you enjoyed this slightly goofy mustache mix tape! May it brighten your Thursday if it's dark and cloudy, or if it's already sunny... may it render your morning as hot and blinding as a tanning booth. ...I guess. What? What's happening? I don't know what I'm talking about anymore. ......Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! "Your Mustache Treats Me Right" is one of our favorites to play! Also check out "Mustache Ride." Good luck with the blog!

    -Bryan (Rod) from the Tyme Machines www.thetymemachines.com

    ReplyDelete