Saturday, December 17, 2011

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

Guess what guys?? I'm eating delicious mexican meatball soup! And mango juice! And it's super sunny outside! All in all this is turning out to be a very unconventional pre-Christmas period. Usually by now, it's dreary and cold and grey outside (sounds depressing but at Christmas time there's something rather magical about horrible weather) and I'd be drinking egg nog and eating all my maman's carefully cooked candy... (Ahaha... inadvertant alliteration is fun. :D) I feel sort of like I need to go do something holiday-ish just to rectify all this weirdness.
Maybe I could eat some holiday goodies? Nahhhhhh. Mango juice and meatball soup are too yummy. Maybe put on some holiday getup? Hell no. The only holiday wear I have in my closet right now is a dreadful button down sweater from about 5 years ago. It has a snowman on it that looks like he's been pulled straight out of Coraline and I'm not ashamed to say he kind of terrifies me. Hmmmmmm. What to do! WAIT. I GOT IT.


SHOPPING. That'll get me in the spirit!

....Wow. I think I'm supposed to feel bad that for me Christmas = shopping. Don't all those Christmas movies usually end with the "Christmas isn't about presents and material goods... it's about love and friends and family!" lecture? Apparently I haven't soaked up any of that moral lesson. I'm such a bad sponge. :( But really, Christmas isn't about presents? Obviously nobody's told Santa about this.

OH MY GOODNESS. My dad just informed me that he's giving the rest of our meatball soup away to some sick lady! Giving away my soup to the less fortunate?? AT CHRISTMAS? The nerve.

...

Hm. I really do have a problem here.

No comments:

Post a Comment