Thursday, February 16, 2012

So my brother goes to this mega artsy school...

...and they're having a dance this friday! 

Because they're so cool and artsy and all that stuff (want proof? Click here!) instead of buying a ticket or paying an admission fee, you have to buy a new pair of socks, and donate them to this special charity thing at the door! For kids who don't have socks, I guess. :( But despite the horrid thought of a child who can't afford a delicious pair of socks... isn't that cute?? I just love the idea, it's wonderful! You get to shop for socks, donate them to a kid in need, and then to top if off you spend the rest of the night gettin' your freak on! WOOOO. Dance partay and all that jazz. 
Anywho, neither my mom, nor my little bro had time to pick up any snazzy socks, so I agreed to run by the mall after school (It's only a few blocks away from my bus stop.) I was kind of in a hurry and didn't have any time to really examine all the different socks throughout the mall, so I ended up just running into Forever 21 and hoping they'd happen to have a pair or two. I don't know why, I just don't see Forever 21 as a huge sock kind of store, you know? But they had some! And they were suppppeeerrr cute!! 
Obviously, I ended up having to buy some for myself as well. Duhhh. But really, look at the state of my average sock:


Yeah. 
Actually.... It's kind of cute. It looks like a miniature neon pink ghost or something, doesn't it? Kudos to my little bro for allowing me to stick his hand into one of my raggedy beat up socks. That's a mark of true love, right there.

And now here are the socks I bought at Forever 21!

Kites, apples and stripes!



And some close ups on les cerfs volants...




Et puis les pommes...




And this is a super cute trio of socks! Grey, light brown and orange. I know, these colors don't sound like they'd look good together, but trust me, they do. And they'll look so good with my oxford shoes!





Last but not least, black, yellow and white stripes! I'm very into stripes. :)




Now I just have to decide which ones to give to those sock-less children... Hmmm, suddenly I find myself resenting their lack of socks, as I really hate to choose between all these adorable patterns... WHY CAN'T THEY JUST WEAR SANDALS OR SOMETHING? Arrggghhhhhhhhhhhh. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment