Sunday, February 12, 2012

One Spectacular Saturday of Shopping

I had a pretty great day yesterday. After spending quite a bit of time sitting around, watching Netflix and looking at pictures on Tumblr, I finally went out with my dad and my little bro. We meant to see this movie that was part of this international film festival going on for the next few weeks, but we ended up getting there too late and finding that all the tickets were sold out. That doesn't sound great, but it was.
Because we had missed it, but were already out, we decided to go to some of the super cool stores that happened to be on that same street. And we ended up seeing the movie later that night. Anywho, the first was this crazy awesome vintage/really-cool-old-stuff store where I got the COOLEST GLOVES IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. They're a dark navy blue leather with white and red racing stripes going up one of the fingers. They're sooo soft, AND they're thin enough that I can still ride a bike or operate a camera! They are my dream gloves. And they fit me perfectly too! I also bought my brother this old Wallace and Gromit shirt. It's from the movie with the homicidal penguin disguised as a chicken! :) Which happens to be one of our favorite W&G movies.
After purchasing our super awesome gloves and t-shirt, we decided to pop in at another one of our favorite stores on the street. It's called "Really Good Stuff", but we just call it the Junk store, because that's essentially what it is. A store absolutely jam-packed with nothing but useless crap. Or so you'd think at first glance. But remember: one man's junk is just another man's treasure! Or at least another man's slightly more valued junk that his wife resents and tries to dump at Goodwill when her husband's not looking. That's sort of the case with us. Although I'm usually the one buying most of the junk.
But really, this store is cool and you can find incredibly awesome stuff when you're looking hard enough. Which is exactly what I did on this trip and it totally payed off. Just as we were leaving, a glorious thing caught my eye. An old, vintage Michael Jackson doll!!!! Dressed in his Thriller outfit! Luckily for me, the box was in pretty bad condition so he couldn't sell it to me for a high price. I got it for just $20 and it's fantastic. I looked him up online and it turns out they also made other outfits, like the clothes he wore from Billy Jean and Beat It! In fact... heh... I kind of want to go on Ebay and buy some...

But anyways, to show you how great my gloves and little MJ are, I had my brother put on his Thriller outfit and we did a little photo shoot! Check it out!

Here is my new MJ doll:







And some pics of just my adorable little brother:





And here are the gloves!




I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but my brother is a dancer. His Michael Jackson impersonation is great, and he's got all the dance moves down cold! Since we're both so into MJ, I'm sharing my doll--ACTION FIGURE--with him. :) 


So did you guys have a good Saturday? Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment