Saturday, March 31, 2012

In which Hippie Calypso makes an appearance.

HELLO! It feels good to be blogging again.... I haven't gone on any of my blogs in a while, have I? The truth is, I'm on Spring Break, so I've kind of taken a little time off from it all. And let me tell you, it has been terrible. Not the break from blogging, that was actually kind of nice. No, I'm talking about my actual Spring Break. DISASTER.
I actually wrote an incredibly long post about all of these terrible, terrible things that went wrong in the last few days, but when I read it back to myself it was so negative and grumpy... really, it was just dreadfully unpleasant. All of a sudden Hippie Calypso burst forth and exclaimed, "What's UP with all this negativity maaaan? Why can't we just... just... let GO of the past and live in the PRESENT, ya know?? LOVE--that's what it's all about, man. Love just keeps the whole world turning. PEACE." And then Hippie Calypso started rambling on about recycling old bell bottom jeans and making daisy chains for your hair so I told her to take a hike. BUT, I did not forget her initial message. So, I deleted my first post and all I'm going to say about the aforementioned "disaster" was that it really did suck. Doubly, because we got a french exchange student Wednesday, and the poor guy had to suffer through it as well. And now I'm going to move on and tell you all the good things that have happened lately. And let me tell you, there's actually been a lot of really great stuff!

First off, my wonderful friend Miss Mixie got into her dream college! A year early! You heard me right, SHE GETS TO SKIP SENIOR YEAR. It's the dream! Anyways, the college she got into is an incredible school and I am just so proud of her! And here's the cherry on top... it's in my city! She can do her laundry at my house! I get chills just thinking how awesome it's going to be...

My second piece of great news is about yours truly. Guess what? I GOT A JOB!! It will be my first real, full-time job! I'll be working at a beautiful summer camp in California and I am at once completely terrified and crazy excited. I got the call a couple of days ago and I really am over the moon. There were only about 40 available positions with about 150 applicants... and I hadn't gotten any word in so long, I was sure I hadn't gotten it! But I did! Yay!

So those two little bits of sunshine pretty much make up for my terrible vacation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment