Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Calypso's Adventures In Wonderland

Oh blogoshpere, I'm such a bad blogger! So much has happened, so much exciting stuff, and I haven't shared anything with you in ages! So here I am, to catch you up. :)

Basically, I went to California (near San Francisco) for my first job interview. I also got to stay with Miss Mixie and her fabulous sister! The weather was just so incredible, I never wanted to leave. The skies were a perfect, breathtaking blue--not a cloud in the sky--and it was sunny and warm and just.... amazing!
It was a very exciting trip, partly because it was the most independent experience I have ever had away from home. I spent a whole day walking around the city and taking the BART completely on my own and it was so fun!! I felt like Alice in Wonderland! <3 I was working on a photography project too, so I brought my camera and spent the whole day photographing people around the city. Then, I did some exploring with Miss Mixie and her sister as well as with another dear friend of mine who we shall call Janet.
Hmmm, now I think I'm going to show you the REST of the details of my trip through my pictures! And by "the REST of the details" I mean all the stuff I feel like talking about, of course.

To begin with, a blurry photo I took on the plane:


I really love flying. So, so much. Especially at night, it's just so beautiful!


First off, here is all the stuff I bought! (Minus the clothes.)


I was pretty good on this trip, I must say. I only bought a few little, inexpensive trinkets--nothing too big. Aren't you proud of me? ;)




You see that sticker with the cheshire cat? Some guy gave me that on the waterfront in San Francisco! Cute, right?



I bought this little trolley charm for my mom at Pier 39! It's from a cute little silver shop we used to love to go to together. Oh, we used to live by San Francisco... Did I forget to tell you that? Heh.



BEAUTIFUL earrings that I bought at the massive four story forever 21 in the city, and crazy sparkly nail polish that I bought at American Apparel. 




And here are some great post cards. Star Wars, Jimi Hendrix, Martin Luther King Jr...



Two notebooks I got at Urban Outfitters... Gaahhhh I LOVE Urban Outfitters! And the notebooks there are my favorite! I'm always stocking up on them, I must have at least a dozen by now. :P 



An adorable Alice & Wonderland bag that I got for $2 at a great store called "Thrift Town"! Is it not splendiferous??

And next are some pictures of Janet's rats! They are so cute!!!! It makes me miss my old rat... His name was Squeakers! (What can I say, I wasn't a very original pet namer...)




They liked my bag. <3



Look, he has a perfect little Zorro mask! D'AAWWWWWWWW...




And here are some pictures of Miss Mixie and her sister from my trip!


That's Miss Mixie doing her hair! :D



And her sister running against a BART train!



And her sister again, with pretty flying hair!



And her pretty hair again! It's all gold and shiny... :)


And this is a super emo picture I took of Miss Mixie.


And her sister at this really cool feminist '50s store. You know what, we really need to give her a blog name. How about Fate? You don't know her, so you wouldn't get it. Sorry, LEFT OUT! :P


And here are some BEAUTIFUL pictures I took with Miss Mixie on the train:


Probably the most attractive I've ever looked in my ENTIRE life.



And this is probably the most obnoxious I've ever looked in my entire life...



We are just so cool.


And these are pictures I took in San Francisco on my glorious day of independence! Isn't she beautiful? I'm not quite sure if you're supposed to call a city a woman, but she feels like a woman so I've decided she IS a woman. So there.


You see what I mean??? IT WAS PARADISE!!



Even Alcatraz was beautiful...



I'm dying just thinking about all the sun and light and warmth...


Wow, I just realized how long this post is. And how late it is. I need to do my homework!!! Man, I wish I could show you more! Maybe I'll scan some of my film shots later and make a post about them! Okay, it's a date. See you later! 

xo Calypso

1 comment:

  1. OH MAI GAWD. SO FREAKING COOL. YOU ARE SO AMAZINGLY LUCKY. HOW WAS YOUR INTERVIEW? GAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Also, love the blog names for your friends. I KNOW HER AND I GET IT :D

    ReplyDelete