Tuesday, August 30, 2011

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Wanna hear a secret? I have a soft, fuzzy, incredibly dorky spot in my heart for zoos and aquariums. I know, I know, it's pretty uncool to like zoos when you're a teenager who's supposed to be into things like shopping, partying and slowly acquiring brain cancer via mass overuse of the mighty cellphone, but I just can't help it... I love walking around with my camera and/or a hilarious friend, visiting all the animals and fishies and whatnot. But don't get me wrong, I love shopping and brain damage as much as and sometimes more then the next person. I can also partayy like nobody's business (such a lie), but sometimes I need a break from all these adolescent activities. Sometimes I just need to get in touch with my inner 6 year old self, you know?

To me, zoos and aquariums are like really, really good books. They allow you to see and experience things you could never even fully imagine otherwise! They're like windows to a whole other world and they BLOW MY MIND. Plus, they're great places for people watching, which is always a good time. So when my dad decided to take the day off from work (which he hardly ever does) and hang with me and my little bro, I had to drag them to the zoo. I just haaaaad to.

Anyways, to summarize shortly, cause this is getting to be kind of long: it was really fun. I might actually apply to work their next summer as a back up in case I don't get the other job I'm praying for. I'd work with food or something, not animals, but it would still be a sweet gig.

I shall now include some of my photos!
As you can probably tell from the title, we saw all of these:


But we also saw some of these among others not pictured:


My favorite was the tiger!! I've always looooved tigers. I have an old stuffed tiger toy named Hobbes and he is my best inanimate buddy. Sometimes I wish he'd stop eating all my friends, but oh well. What can you do? You can take the tiger out of the jungle, but you can't take the ferocious man-eating tendencies out of the tiger. Just ask Calvin...

Isn't he cute? (He's the tiger, not the pink jeep, stupid.)

Okay, that's all for now. I need a way to end these things. Man, this is still pretty funny feeling. uhhhh CALYPSO OUT. Ew, nevermind. I'll work on it.

2 comments:

  1. Wait. . . tigers aren't pink cars? What is this nonsense? My world is shattered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just how you feel... Reality is harsh. Next thing you know they'll be saying leopards aren't red toaster ovens. It's just ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete