Tuesday, June 19, 2012

In which I do something terribly stupid.

This summer, I got a job working at my favorite camp by Yosemite Park in California. I was so very, very excited and I flew down to California on Friday. Well, 20 minutes away from starting my new job, I did something very unintelligent. I ran down an asphalt road, barefoot, in over 100 degree weather. I ended up with second degree burns on both my feet. What can I say, I did not realize roads could get so HOT.
Really, I now know what it feels like to RUN ON FIRE. And it hurts. Oh, how it hurts.
So anywho, because of my intense stupidity, I am unable to walk and my new skin will probably take about a week to grow in.
I guess the bright side is that I'll get to do a little more blogging before I go back to camp where there's basically no internet. My posts will probably be a little more lazy (stolen tumblr photos, etc...) BUT YOU WILL LIKE THEM ANYWAYS! I COMMAND YOU!
In addition to this blog, I think I'll also be doing some stuff on my old book blog that I haven't touched in months. So that will be fun! Right? We'll see.
To conclude: don't walk barefoot on hot asphalt. Just don't. It's a very bad idea.

-Calypso

PS I would like to thank the amazing people who are taking such great care of me in the wake of my stupidity. I know I'm a pretty big inconvenience and I so appreciate everything they've done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment